The Leaguers, Inc. 70th Anniversary Award Program Nomination Form
The Leaguers, Inc. would like to acknowledge, honor, and reward individuals in the community who exemplify “Opportunity through Education” and have played a major role in perpetuating the success of the Agency via its mission, vision, and strategy in an impactful way.
- The Agency developed and implemented a 70th Reward/Recognition Program to acknowledge those who have contributed to the success of the agency in many important ways.
- Four categories have been developed for this award; they are: Teacher of the Year, Community Friend/Sponsor of the Year, Employee of the Year, and Volunteer of the Year.
- Nominations can be made by the following: The Leaguers, Inc. Board of Trustee Members, Management Team Members, Staff and Parents.
- Submissions are due on or before July 30, 2019.
- The Award Committee will review all nominations and select the winners in each category.
- The winners will be announced and recognized at the 70th Anniversary Gala on September 21, 2019.
Teacher of the Year
Recipients of the award will have demonstrated their excellence as educators over a sustained period of time.
- The Teacher has a record of outstanding teaching effectiveness both within and outside the classroom.
- The Teacher has the ability to inspire, promote, and sustain the intellectual development of students.
- The Teacher promotes active learning and successfully encourages students to think imaginatively, critically, and independently.
- The Teacher promotes a love of learning and contributes to the likelihood that students will continue their education through the baccalaureate (and beyond).
- The Teacher has techniques that are appropriate to and effective with, a variety of different learning styles.
- The Teacher interacts enthusiastically and effectively with students beyond the classroom and uses office hours and other opportunities productively to promote learning and address individual student need with families.
Community Friend/ Sponsor of the Year
The recipient of this award is for someone who is known to the Agency. This individual has demonstrated their abilities to partake in special events and willingly donates their own time to assist the Agency. The individual knows the importance of early education, and is dedicated to supporting the children and families within the Head Start community. This individual has been a true friend to The Leaguers community.
- The degree to which their services and/or actions are carried out have made a lasting or meaningful contribution or impact on the Head Start community.
- The length and degree of their continued service(s) to the community.
- The extent to which their service or action might be considered above and beyond the call of duty.
- The extent to which their action would be recognized and valued by their peers and/or community leaders.
Employee of the Year
A deeply committed staff member who demonstrates a dedication to their work which, in turn, contributes to the vibrancy of the Leaguers community.
- The employee demonstrates an intense commitment to provide excellent service to co-workers, students and families.
- The employee shares enthusiasm for the agency with others;
- The employee maintains perseverance in the face of adversity;
- The employee is known in the community as a reliable go-to person, willing volunteer, or good citizen (e.g. reaches out to new staff; motivates others around a cause) who enriches the program.
Parent Volunteer of the Year
This award recognizes an outstanding volunteer who is unselfish and dedicated in service to The Leaguers, Inc. Community, has made a significant difference within the community, and mirrors the commitment to success in our professional ranks.
- The volunteer is active in the involvement with The Leaguers, Inc. Parent Committee.
- The volunteer has a significant contribution of volunteer time and service to The Leaguers, Inc.